14th November 2012 - Morgan McKinley Hong Kong has just released its latest Hong Kong 2013 Hiring Market Report.
Morgan McKinley’s Hong Kong Hiring Market Report provides analysis of trends and forecasts based on our survey of employers. We surveyed over 700 hiring and operational managers across financial services, as well as commercial organisations in Hong Kong and the Asia-Pacific region to give you a valuable insight into hiring trends for 2013.
We have also carried out similar research across China and Singapore and have included some of those findings in comparison to our findings across Hong Kong to highlight the similarities and differences in perspective across these three markets.
This report provides market intelligence into hiring trends for 2013 in Hong Kong.
Download a copy of the report here >> [PDF 1.38mb]
Highlights of the report:
- Nearly half (48%) think that increasing stability in the Eurozone will fuel hiring and industry growth in Asia-Pacific and 57% feel that the current global uncertainty is limiting APAC as a growth market.
- Overall, 72% expect to hire in the next six months – with 52% of these anticipating some headcount reduction as well.
- The focus is on permanent hiring according to 93% of respondents, and it is believed that this will be driven by more replacement hiring rather than new job creation
- While 42% think hiring will be lower in the next 12 months compared to the previous 12 months, a further 58% think that it will be similar or higher.
- Talent retention is expected to be the greatest personnel challenge for managers.
Commerce & industry:
- Stabilisation of the Eurozone will accelerate hiring and industry growth according to 59%, with the same number believing that continued global uncertainty will affect Asia-Pacific’s growth potential.
- A third of managers expect to hire with no job losses, while a further 31% also anticipate hiring mixed with reduced headcount.
- Most recruitment will be permanent according to 92% of respondents, with replacement hiring the main focus for 80%.
- Hiring levels are likely to either remain stable or rise across 80% of organisations in the next 12 months compared to the previous 12 months.
- Talent retention was the greatest personnel challenge anticipated.
We hope that you will find this report informative and useful and as always, we welcome your feedback.
Interested in finding out more?
If you would like to find out more specific salary or hiring information please contact your local Morgan McKinley office today.